The Refugee Family Reunification Trust
We are a Charitable Trust incorporated under the Charitable Trusts Act 1957 and registered under the Charities Act 2005.
Since the Trust was established in 2001, we have raised nearly $2,000,000 for refugees, and not a single dollar of donations has been used to generate this income.
We help refugees to pay for the costs of:
- application fees charged by Immigration New Zealand
- medical reports required by Immigration New Zealand
- lodging an appeal with the Immigration and Protection Tribunal
- airfares to bring approved family members to New Zealand
- other related expenses, at the discretion of the Trustees
We do not pay for advertising, fundraisers, salaries or rent – so that 100% of donations can be given to refugees. No remuneration is paid to the Trustees. Seperate funding is obtained specifically for necessary administration costs, and we are able to keep these costs to a bare minimum due to the Trust’s reliance on unpaid volunteers – even this website has been designed at no cost to the Trust. The Trust does not receive any government funding.